Montag, 26. März 2012

Tasmania II

After a night a this beautiful spot on White Beach, I went on to discover Bruny Island - unfortunately the weather was pretty wet and so it was not much more than driving around on an Island which apparently is pretty nice. 

A note regarding the weather on Tassie: People here say, that you can have 4 seasons whitin 1 day here - sometimes extreme, how fast it can change...

So, drove north (full day rain) and spent the night in Straham. Had nice little cabin on the campground there and when I got up the next morning, there was water coming out of the fridge, the heating was on on strike - so, power outage. At checkout they told me that there was a lightning hit during the night and that it could easily could take half a day until they have power again. The guy around the corner, who could make instant coffee made with water heated on gas was extremely popular this morning...

Wanted to have a look at the famous Cradle mountain... Well, I did not see the mountain, but I felt a bit like being home - driving on a mountain road covered with snow...

So, continued towards the north coast and then to the East coast again. Drove down via St Helens Point to Freycinet National Park. Currently sitting in Swansea and the plan is to drive towards Hobart tomorrow - have an appointment with Mr. Kravitz & Ms. O'Riordan on 28.03. :-)

Will then get get back on the road again - last destination will be Devonport, where I will be returning my little Suzuki Swift (doing a great job so far...) and take the overnight ferry http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/ direction Melbourne, where I shall be expected...

BTW: I can do nice statistics on things like "from where this page has been accessed" or with which Internet browser... All nice, but still this does not tell me WHO is reading the stuff I write and post. So, do me a favour please: When you read this, pls just post your name under "comments" - like this I'll get an idea who I am writing to...








6 Kommentare: