Donnerstag, 15. März 2012

Well then, my last post ended me getting ready to check out Milford sound. It is a pretty long drive to get there (assume, in Switzerland you would just cross the country once...) and I was hoping that I would again be lucky with the weather... So, I left Queenstown in the morning and the weather looked promising - but then soon I learned, that it can change very quickly and I ended up at Milford Sound and it was just pouring down. So, what to do? Found a nice hostel, checked in and played Monopoly with two handsome girls from Sydney for the rest of the day. Next morning - same rain. So I drove back to Queenstown - at least the car got washed for free...

Drove up the Westcoast via "Franz Josef glacier" and was asking myself many times, how drunk you have to be to name a glacier in New Zealand "Franz Josef"... Continued my journey to Greymouth, where I took some nice sunset pics (further down...).

From there up to Nelson - this is where journeys to the Abel Tasman Nationlpark http://www.abeltasman.co.nz/ normally start. So, that's where I went today - again, pictures below.

I am currently in Picton and have only 2 days left in New Zealand - it feels like time just flies...

Unsure what my English sounds like these days - I have been to many diferent countries with many different "slangs" and on top of that I dealt with quite a lot of Brits over the past couple of years. No, here it comes: Whenever I get in touch with locals here (which is like constantly...) they always ask where I come from ('cause they hear I am not ocal...). When replying with "Switzerland" most of the times they are surprised - it feels a bit weird, but with most of them the original thought I was Irish... Don't ask me why...

Flying to Hobart on 18.03.

That's it for the moment.

BTW: I can do nice statistics on things like "from where this page has been accessed" or with which Internet browser... All nice, but still this does not tell me WHO is reading the stuff I write and post. So, do me a favour please: When you read this, pls just post your name under "comments" - like this I'll get an idea who I am writing to...













8 Kommentare:

  1. auso d'Hölzlistrass 31 list gäng mit.. ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I due auso immer schön läse ou wen i s'Englische nid immer aus verstoh :-) Grüessli Andle

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Nice pictures Simu. Clicks from Lime or Lemon are most likely mine. Kaili

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Can not believe you did go to Abel Tasman!! Ahhhhhhhhhh looks fantastic! Keep posting please!
    :)
    M

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Sogar die z'Wäuscherohr läse was du so erläbisch und eg muess mängisch lache (was s'Carmen ned cha verstoh aber d'Fotos gfaue ou ihre)! Gniess es und due wyterhin so flissig Fotos poste. Merci!
    Liebi Grüess und take care,
    Sandra und Family

    AntwortenLöschen