Freitag, 24. Februar 2012

goodbye Panama

Hola chicas & chicos!

Sitting here at the pool bar and before I even started to realise that my adventure had begun, the last night Panama is here already. Time just flies- damn!

Well then, let me tell you about my last week here in Panama. Fact is: it was a lazy week. Nevertheless, there are some things to share:

- spent the last week with 2 friends from Switzerland - to make sure, that my Swiss German does not disappear completely.
- We took a cab out to the Mirafores Locks. The driver caimed to charge a "reasonable price" - 30$. Naive as we were, we believed him and jumped in the cab. The guy who drove us back, wanted 15 bucks...
- The burgers at HardRockCafe are delicious - in Panama, too! 
- Tattoo-Shops have weird opening hours (no, not me...)
- If you ever make it to Panama, try an Abuello 7anos with Coke and Lime (Rege & Kusi, fröiet nech...)
- Public Laundry-owners are extremely creative when it comes to their name... (see picure below...)
- we had our dirty clothes washed at a public laundry place. Felt a bit weird, to have Chinese people talking in Spanish to you (thank god, I had the girls with me to translate...)
- Even if the guy at the laundry place tells you, your clothes would be ready the next day - if there is a public holiday, then there is public holiday - no laundry will be handed out. And this even after we rang them (yes, they picked up the phone; think they even live there, Bastardos...). 
- I am now sitting on two bags of girls clothes (obviously, there flight was early in the morning of the first day the laundry was open again...)
- In an earlier post, I was writing about the Taxi drivers here - today I "survived" a bus trip. Guess the driver must have been in a hurry to take a pee or what so ever - this, at least is the only explanation for the following situation: Bus, 90% full of tourists, on a narrow road with lots of traffic, overtaking the taxi in front of him. We were quite, let's call it "surprised" - some people even asked to leave the bus directly after the event and they took a taxi.
- Finally did the Canal-Tour today. It is really impressive how easily a cruise ship gets lift up by 20 meters within 8 minutes. They have not a single water pump there - this all happens due to the water pressure.

I do have a very early start tomorrow - will go to the airport at 0700 (maybe it is still dark then, I have no clue, as I have never been up that early since I left Switzerland... ;-) If all goes well, I'll be sitting in LA tomorrow night, having a beer with Cameron, George, Angelina & Brad, warming up for the Oscars...

Some pictures to be shared:









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen