Samstag, 3. März 2012

Bora Bora

Bonsoir!

crazy how time seems to fly - especially in moments which you don't want see ending at all... Well, sad but true - Bora Bora can already be put down with a "done" mark. I am sitting here back in Papeete, enjoying my last evening in Tahiti. 

So, let's talk a bit about Bora Bora... I arrived in Papeete the night before my flight to Bora Bora. It was a late arrival and a freekin early flight out again, so I decided to stay at the tahiti airport motel. You just get off the airport, cross the street and there you are... 
  
Had to get up early the next morning - to be precise at 0500 (Yes, me SIMON INGOLD managed to get out of bed at 0500 in the morning and that even without a wake up call!!!). So, walked back to the airport - check in security control took around 10 minutes all together and soon the plane took off direction Bora Bora.

50 minutes later we were already in Bora Bora - There was a nice Welcome by a local Hudigääggeler band. Once you are out of the airport you are collected by a boat by hotel which will bring you to your new residence. 

I booked my 3 nights on Bora Bora at the Meridien - and as this could have been a once in a lifetime experience, I decided to go for one of these Overwater bungalows! Holy... (Pls see pictures in my earlier post.)

The resort is simply stunning! I did imagine a several white beaches with clear blue water and millions of fih before - no more imagination needed - it is HERE! This is the the perfect honeymoon location and I sometimes was asking myself what was going on at night in the bungalows around me - the shaking obviously was caused by the water... ;-)

There is also a turtle sanctuary at the resort, where they take care of turtles which had been injured or been found somewhere. They take care of them until they are in "good shape" again (this can take years sometimes) and then they release them back into dangerous liberty. 

So, not surprisingly time passed by really quick on Bora Bora - if I get the chance, I shall be returning - hopefully.

Today I made it a lazy day in Papeete. And I even had a what I would call "PepsiCo-Deja-vu": Went to Carrefour to get some water and somehow I find myself in front of the Chips shelf. Lay's... And here it comes: on the BOP it was mentioned "APA131011". 
For the people who are completely confused now a bit of translation: this means that the packaging of the chips has been produced near Valencia, Spain on 13. October 2011 (Obviously, still me being in charge...), that chips were produced in Belgium sometime later. Now, just imagine how far these bags have travelled... I am not necessarely "green" - but this is just crazy.

OK, another early wake up tomorrow - need to be ready at 0620...

That's it for now.  

BTW: comments are always welcome.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Getting up early seems to become a habit :-)
    If I can place a request here, when you get a chance write about what you are eating, how it tastes and a picture or two of the food would be good.
    Waiting for the next traveller´s tale already.

    AntwortenLöschen